Cancelling your IELTS test
If you cancel your IELTS test up to five weeks before the test date, you will receive a refund minus an administration fee of 25% of the test fee.
Please note that refunds can take four to six weeks to process.
Our refund policy for IELTS is as follows:
- If you want to cancel your IELTS registration, you must contact us at the latest five weeks before the date of your written test. You will then receive a refund of the test fee, less an administrative fee of 25%. You will need to provide the original receipt in order to obtain the refund
- If you want to transfer your test date, you must contact us five weeks before the date of your written test
- An administration fee of USD 60.00 or LBP 90,000 will be charged for transfers
- No refunds or transfers will be allowed for IELTS within five weeks of the test date.
To cancel your registration or transfer your test date after five weeks (35 days) before the date of your written test, you must demonstrate that your ability to take the test has been affected by one of the following:
- serious illness e.g. hospital admission or serious injury (does not include minor illnesses such as a cold)
- loss of an immediate family member
- hardship / trauma, victim of crime, victim of a traffic accident
- military service
- In the above cases a refund, less 25% administrative fees, will be granted.
Your test centre must receive your application for cancellation or transfer of registration within five working days of your written test date, along with evidence (including an official certified report) of the exceptional circumstances (original documents, not copies).
Requesting a test day transfer
If you need to change the date of your test from the date you originally booked, you can request a test day transfer up to five weeks before the test date, free of charge.
Please note that the new test date must be within three months of the original date. In cases of illness, transfer is possible within five weeks of the test if an original medical certificate is provided within five working days of the test date, together with the Request for Refund or Test Date Transfer Form.
If you receive a transfer to a new test date (either before the test or due to illness) and are ill on the second test date, then you are not entitled to a refund of the test fee nor to any further transfer to a new test date.