You can choose how you take the IELTS test, please click on the following links:
USD 205 - Paper-based IELTS tests (Academic or General training)
USD 235 - Computer-delivered IELTS tests (Academic or General training).
USD 262 - IELTS for UKVI (Academic / General training)
USD 197 - IELTS Life Skills A1
USD 197 - IELTS Life Skills B1
Before you book your test
- Make sure you have a form of valid passport or ID at hand, as you will need to upload a clear photocopy of it when you book your test. Please note that candidates under 18 years of age have to supply written consent by a parent or guardian in order to apply for a test place.
- Download and read our Information for Candidates, which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for test takers under the age of 16.
- Pay for your test. You can pay for your test either through our online registration system or by attending our office in Sama Beirut - Sodeco. In the Reference section of your payment please write: [IELTS / family name / city / test date].
- Once you have made the payment, please keep your payment receipt and reference number.
- Keep in mind that the Speaking Exam for paper-based IELTS will take place 5 days before the date of the exam, or on the day of the exam, or on a Monday after the day of the exam; please avoid booking any flights during the week before and after the examination date.
IELTS test date confirmation
Once you have completed the booking process, you will receive a confirmation giving you the start time of your test and the venue address.
Your Speaking test may be scheduled on the same day as the other sections, or on a different day within a 7-day window before the test day or on a Monday following the main test day. The test center will send you a confirmation for the Speaking Test date.
After booking your test, you will also receive an automatic email with your access codes to the free online course: Road to IELTS.
You will also receive your IELTS Reference Number to access the Test Taker Portal. Please make sure that you have included your email address correctly when you book your test.