In line with the government's decision, our office will be closed from 14 to 25 January and exams services will be suspended during this period. For enquiries, contact us on 01428900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The British Council in Lebanon offers IELTS Academic, General Training and UK visas and immigration (UKVI) tests.
You can book your IELTS test with us online and at the British Council Office- Lebanon. When you book with us, you can be certain that you will be taking your test at an official IELTS test centre.
Tests we offer
|IELTS Academic and General Training - paper-based test||200 USD||Book now
|IELTS Academic and General Training - computer-delivered test||230 USD||Book now
|IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (Academic and General Training) - Paper-based and computer-delivered||250 USD||Book now|
|IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1)||195 USD||Book now|
To book your test you will need to:
- Make sure you have a form of valid passport or ID at hand, as you will need to upload a clear photocopy of it when you book your test. Please note that candidates under 18 years of age have to supply written consent by a parent or guardian in order to apply for a test place.
- Download and read our Information for Candidates, which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for test takers under the age of 16.
- For IELTS for UKVI, you can apply online (above).
- Pay for your test. We only accept USD payments. You can pay for your test either through our online registration system or by attending our office in Sama Beirut - Sodeco. In the Reference section of your payment please write: [IELTS / family name / city / test date]. You can also pay by bank deposit at any BLOM Bank branch:
USD account: 002-02-353-2363628-1-9
In the Reference section of your payment please write your IELTS reference number (LB001- XXXXXX-XXXX).
Once you have made the payment, please send us the payment receipt with the rest of your registration documents to email@example.com
- Once you have made the payment, please keep your payment receipt and reference number.
- Keep in mind that the Speaking Exam for paper-based IELTS will take place 5 days before the date of the exam, or on the day of the exam, or on a Monday after the day of the exam; please avoid booking any flights during the week before and after the examination date.
IELTS test date confirmation
Once you have completed the booking process, you will receive a confirmation giving you the start time of your test and the venue address.
Your Speaking test may be scheduled on the same day as the other sections, or on a different day within a 7-day window before the test day or on a Monday following the main test day. The test center will send you a confirmation for the Speaking Test date.
After booking your test, you will also receive an automatic email with your access codes to the free online course: Road to IELTS.
You will also receive your IELTS Reference Number to access the Test Taker Portal. Please make sure that you have included your email address correctly when you book your test.