Book your exam online or at our office and access our free preparation materials today.
When you book an IELTS test with the British Council, you also get included in your test fee:
- Exclusive, free access to our popular online preparation course 'Road to IELTS Last Minute course', which includes 100 interactive activities, 9 video tutorials and two IELTS Academic practice tests for each of the four skills
- Five extra Test Report Forms for free that we send free of charge to institutions you’re applying to (e.g. immigration offices, universities etc.)
Choose how to take your IELTS test and book online
You can take your test at one of our official test centres on paper or on a computer. All you need is a valid identification document and a bank card if you want to pay online.
|IELTS Academic - on paper||205 USD||Book now
|IELTS General Training - on paper||205 USD||Book now|
|IELTS Academic - on computer||230 USD||Book now|
|IELTS General Training - on computer||230 USD||Book now
|IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (Academic and General Training) - on paper and computer||250 USD||Book now|
|IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1)||205 USD||Book now|
What you need to book
- Make sure you have a form of valid ID - passport at hand. Please note you will have to present the same passport or national ID that you use for registration on test day. Different, invalid or expired passport or national ID card will not be accepted, and you will not be allowed to sit the test. Please note that candidates under 18 years of age have to supply written consent by a parent or guardian in order to apply for a test place. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for test takers under the age of 16.
- Keep in mind that the Speaking Exam for paper-based IELTS will take place 5 days before the date of the exam, or on the day of the exam, or on a Monday after the day of the exam; please avoid booking any flights during the week before and after the examination date.
Paying for your test
- For IELTS for UKVI, you can apply and pay online (above).
- We only accept USD payments. You can pay for your test either through online payment when registering for a test or by cash USD payment at our offices in Sama Beirut - Sodeco or at any BLOM or ARAB bank branch all over Lebanon.
- If you wish to pay for your test through online payment please login to your account (created upon registration) using your email and password and go to "Upcoming Test Dates", click the test, and go to "payment"s.
- If you wish to pay for your test at our offices, our customer services officers are happy to have you during our opening hours (mentioned in our "contact us" page)
- If you wish to pay for your test at BLOM or ARAB bank, you will need to provide the teller with your name and test reference number (e.g. A3-LB001-S-XXXXXX). Once you have made the payment, please send us the payment receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org
After you have booked your test
You will receive emails confirming:
- The start time of your test and the venue address
- Your Speaking Test date
- Your access to the free online preparation course Road to IELTS Last Minute Version.
More information about the test
Download and read our Information for Candidates, which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results.