Legalising documents from UK universities and educational bodies (other than high school certificates)
The British Council's verification service is provided to individuals who are UK educational qualification holders.
How to apply:
- Schedule an appointment for your visit to our offices through Bookeo
- Present the original documents that need be stamped and we will make the needed number of copies and give you the originals back.
- We will verify the authenticity of the documents with the awarding institution and give you a call within 48 hours if we cannot accredit them, or did not hear back from the institution.
- You will not be contacted if a delay occurs. You may automatically book another appointment after 48 hours to pay and collect the stamped and signed documents.
- Copies of original educational documents issued from recognized UK universities and institutions.
- School certificates issued from recognised UK boards – we do not stamp documents issued by the school itself.
We do not stamp:
- ID cards
- birth / death certificates
- marriage certificates
- other documents issued by local authorities or institutions
The first stamped copy of any original document costs 34USD. Any additional copy of the same document costs 6USD.
The British Council reserves the right to reject verification of any document if the programme or institution is not recognised by the UK education board, if the document is found to be altered or defaced in any way or if there is any question regarding the originality of the document.