Said Foundation Scholarship
The Said Foundation offers twenty postgraduate scholarships annually to outstanding individuals from Syria, Palestine, Lebanon and Jordan who demonstrate the potential to become leaders and innovators of change.
Scholarships are primarily offered for one-year postgraduate courses but in exceptional circumstances it may be possible to consider applicants for two year courses. The Foundation also offers, exceptionally, one or two PhD/DPhil scholarships a year at Oxford and Cambridge universities only.
There are no restrictions on academic subjects but priority will be given to candidates who can demonstrate that their subject will enable them to contribute to the development of their home country.
Applications are restricted to the Foundation’s partner universities in the UK. A full list of partner universities can be found on the Said Foundation website.
How to apply
- Application forms along with the guidance notes can be downloaded from the Said Foundation website.
- Applicants must apply on line from 31 July through the following link.
- Applications must be submitted by the closing date of 23.59 UK time on 1st of November 2016.
- Lebanese candidates who wish to be considered for the Foundation’s joint awards with the British Lebanese Association (BLA) must also complete the BLA’s application form by 30 November 2016 here.
The foundation has partnership schemes with the universities listed below. You MUST apply to these universities if they have courses meeting your needs:
- University of Birmingham
- University of Leicester
- University of Essex
- London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, University of London
- University of Cambridge
- Durham University
- University of Glasgow
- Goldsmiths College (London)
- King's College London
- University of Leeds
- London School of Economics
- University of Nottingham
- Oxford Brookes University
- University of St Andrews
- School of Oriental and African Studies
- University of Southampton
- University College London
- University of Warwick
- Royal Holloway University of London
- University of East Anglia (UEA)
- University of Exeter
- University of Cambridge
- University of Oxford
- University of Bristol
- University of Sussex
- London Film School
University of Cambridge and University of Oxford
There are different eligibility criteria and a different application procedure for the Foundation’s scholarships at Oxford and Cambridge universities. See “Information for Oxford and Cambridge Applications” which can be found on the Foundation’s website.
Please see the Said Foundation for more information and FAQs about these scholarships.