#PoliYouth - “Technical Assistance to Support Youth Development in Lebanon” - is a 24 month project, funded by the European Union and implemented by the British Council in collaboration with the American University of Beirut.
What are the objectives?
The overall objective of the project is to strengthen the enabling environment for the implementation of the National Youth Policy and youth development in Lebanon.
This can be subdivided into two objectives:
- Specific objective 1: To enhance the roles of the Ministry of Youth & Sports (MoY&S) and the Youth Forum (YF) to advance priorities for youth and the National Youth Policy
- Specific objective 2: To enhance co-operation, governance and accountability in relation to the National Youth Policy and priorities for youth.
How will this be achieved?
- Strategic review of organisational and operational capacity and understanding of youth within the MoY&S and the YF
- Building the operational, administrative, and legal capacities of the MoY&S and the YF
- Improving information and knowledge management mechanisms of the MoY&S and the YF
- Setting out Youth Policy priorities and a shared action plan as it relates to each beneficiary’s scope of work
- Capacity building to support the implementation of Youth Policy priorities and other positive actions for youth
- Increasing awareness of youth developments and the promotion of the National Youth Policy
- Building consensus and testing out options to improve the advisory and accountability mechanisms for the Youth Policy
What are the expected results?
- Expected Result 1: Organisational and institutional capacity of both the MoY&S and the YF are enhanced
- Expected Result 2: Tools, mechanisms and strategies for advocacy and applied outreach around Youth Policy issues are in place
- Expected Result 3: A shared co-operation, governance and accountability model between youth stakeholders is established